Thursday, June 25, 2009

Painting...Rand McNally

Several years ago, one of my biggest struggles was that I wanted to see the... "down-the-road". I knew God had a plan and had called me to certain things, but I was childish and impatient. I desparately wanted to be livin my life according to whatever plan he had for me. The problem came in getting side tracked with asking Him to show me a little of that plan. I'm not talking about a vision that God wanted me to share and accomplish. I'm talking about where exactly to step. I didn't want just know about the bridges I was to cross, I wanted to know exactly when i would encounter them; what they'd look like and how to get past them. Unlike Abraham, who took a journey to only God-knew-where...based on a promise...
I wanted to promise I'd take the trip if he'd show me a little of the map. That doesn't sound like the canvas of a walk -by-faith...it sounds a little more like a paint-by-numbers. I had to learn (thanks Greg) that giving your life to God is not a stop at some cosmic gas station, to pick up your personnal Rand McNally map of life. It's an adventure and I have to trust that God's plan will come through. That's faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment