Wednesday, June 24, 2009

...The Right Questions?

If I asked you what love was...what words would you use to describe it? Would you try to recall what you heard someone else say? Would you give me an example of someone like mother Teresa, Gahndi, Mamma, or maybe Jesus? Would you describe their lives,...or something from the History Channel? The question could really be about anything. Most of us describe things, especially, attribes or admirable traits like that. Some people answer with "...well it's when you..." When we use words like this, it sounds like vague generalities. It's not personalized, and so not something we take personal. I used to be great at this. That kind of conversation kills the time, but doesn't change lives. Love changes lives! People don't want lectures or concepts when it comes to love. Love is not a concept! It's a verb...an action word. Love is not something you fall into, it's something you do! When you don't do it, it is not visible! Did you get that? That means that as far as you are concerned,(-as an example) you are not included. When Greg and I talk about stuff, the first and last question asked is always, "What's that look like? What did that look like in Jesus' life? What's that look like in my life" I want to ....OK. What's that look like? I want to be someone who reaches out to....OK. What's that look like? I want to reach all of the plates in my cabinets. OK. (Steve...without a ladder, that doesn't not look like you. Sorry.) You get the picture. Everyone that knows me, knows that phrase. They usually know when my answer should be...it doesn't look like me right now. God doesn't place his love or wisdom, just out of reach. Everything applies! All things are possible...If I'm giving each day to God, I have ask myself...what's that look like? If we are the hands and feet of the God of the universe...what's that look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment