Tuesday, June 30, 2009

During The Hard Rain...

Today I was listening to Casting Crowns (I Will Praise You In the Storm). I immediately began to reflect on the storms in my own life. Some more recent than others.... I know how difficult it is to simply trust that God's got a plan. Every once in a while things happen that don't look like they're anybodies plan! How do I trust God through that? Exactly how far away is God when I can barely hear him calling. During those brief moments when I can hear him..."it's still rainin..."

Where did he go? Why didn't he fix it...whatever it was? .....I don't know. But just like the song says, "you are who you are, no matter where I am.....I will praise you in the storm."

Years back I saw an interesting episode of OZ. (A prison drama on HBO)I've never been able to shake this. In it, a gang member had been lead to Jesus by a priest (the prison chaplain). The inmates girlfriend was about to have a baby. The priest got permission for him to go and see her...hopefully just prior to the birth. She's having the baby...he's on the way...and just before he walks into the hospital room, his son dies. The next scene is a few days later. The priest comes by to see the young man in his cell. The inmate says something like this..."I want to thank you father for showing me a better life and introducing me to God. I just have one question...Where was God when my son died?" The priest didn't miss a beat and said, "The same place he was when his son died."

No comments:

Post a Comment